Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Oscar Night "Predictions"




First off, I'll tell you up front I've only seen 7 of the 9 best picture nominees and only 14 of the 25 must see films according to Entertainment Weekly. However, I wont let that keep me from making my annual predictions. Use these at your own risk.


The winners are:

Best Picture: The Artist

Best Actor: George Clooney

Best Actress: Viola Davis

Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer

Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer

Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius

Best Documentary: Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

Orig. Screenplay: Midnight in Paris

Adapted Screenplay: The Descendants

Animated Feature: Rango

Foreign Film: A Separation

Animated Short Film: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Editing: The Artist

Cinematography: The Tree of Life

Art Direction: Hugo

Costume Design: The Artist

Makeup: The Iron Lady

Original Score: The Artist

Original Song: "Man or Muppet"

Visual Effects: Rise of The Planet of the Apes

Sound Mixing: Hugo

Doc. Short Subject: Saving Face

Short Film L.A.: The Shore

In years past I've had % as low as 74% and as high as 92% for the 23 major
categories. As always I'll have a blast seeing how I do. One thing is guaranteed and that is I'll enjoy watching. Should be a good year with Billy Crystal hosting.

Personally, I'll be pulling for The Help, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, and Moneyball as all of these films based on books I've read. The one award I'm looking forward to the most is Best Documentary, and I'll be pulling hard for Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory based on the tragic story of the West Memphis Three. Until next Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment