Sunday, March 7, 2010

ALICE IN WONDERLAND " worth a view"



My wife & I went and saw "ALICE IN WONDERLAND" in 3D this afternoon, and I was actually surprised at how good it was. I have to admit I've never read Lewis Carroll's books, or seen any of the earlier Alice films, so I had nothing to compare it to. I thought the film had several strong acting performances, including Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska as the 19 year old Alice. However, I felt the real scene stealer was Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. I also thought Anne Hatheway was dreadful as the White Queen.A very unispiring performance for her. I had always heard how creepy the books were but I didn't really feel that way here. I actually thought Tim Burton did a nice job of not getting to far out there ,as it was rather subdued for him. If you enjoyed Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka and The Choclate Factory, you'll like this one. The cinematography was outstanding and it was a beautiful film to watch. While definetly not the best film I've seen this year, it is worth your time to give it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment