Tuesday, January 12, 2010

DOUBLE EXPOSURE by Michael Lister

Michael Lister's "DOUBLE EXOSURE" was my literary find of the year for 2009. It was purely by accident that I even stumbled upon it at all. It was only after listening to Michael on a panel entitled, "Dark Books For Dark Times", (at Bouchercon in Indianapolis) that I became aware of Michael Lister's work. I was so impressed by the way he handled himself on that panel that I raced out immediately afterwards to track his books down. I was only able to find one of his books "Blood of the Lamb" at the event. When I returned to Effingham I went to our library & put in an order for his newest book "Double Exposure". This book was a powerhouse! It succeeded on so many levels. The story was tight & gripping and the prose was lyrical. It was simply told but effective. It's a roller coaster ride that will leave you misty eyed in the end. However, if you could only have time to read 2 pages this year, then I suggest pg. 58-59 of this one. You may never think about time in the same manner again. Theirs enough wisdom & wonderful quotes to fill several books. I finished it & I immediately recommended it to our book club at school, and was very pleased to hear the feedback was as positive & thoughtful as I had hoped. So,...PLEASE do yourself a favor & hunt down this book. If your interested in finding a copy just leave me a comment & and I can tell you where to look. ENJOY !!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, really enjoyed Michael Lister's book, DOUBLE EXPOSURE. His writing style was something I didn't think I would like in the early part of the read, but really grew to enjoy. His style placed me in the middle of the action more than any others I have read. I thought his premise of catching a murder on camera from a camera blind was a great one, but he carries through and takes the reader on a wild ride. I have recommended this book to many people.

    ReplyDelete